Friday, October 11, 2013

Whispered by Bozena Helena Mazur-Nowak



Since emigrating to Great Britain in 2004, Bozena Helena Mazur-Nowak's impassioned poems have appeared extensively online, and in the last few years she's gathered them together in a number of volumes.

Whispered is the most recent of these volumes of poems.

Her poems here are consistently lyrical and emotionally charged.  The reader looking for clearly written poems that express love and longing, sorrow and hope, will find them in this book.

A representative poem is "Someone Turned You into a Rock."


Someone Turned You into a Rock

You turned your back on me
Locked the door behind you
Threw away the key to your heart 
You have gone and left a scar 
Which does not want to heal

My heart bleeds and hurts
I feel half of me die
The other half lives like a ghost 

Wake up from your sleep my love
Calm my pain and suffering

Come back to me and let me live
Or kill completely my heart
Can not be like that anymore
I gave you my life and my heart

Someone turned you into a rock

_______________________


The book is available as a download from SCRIBD.  Just click here.



No comments: